Thought for the Day

 For a long time now I have been on the mailing list for the Blue Mountain Center "Thought for the Day". Each and every morning the email is in my inbox. Each and every morning I open the message and read the passage. Some mornings I sit and ,dare I say, meditate on the thoughts expressed in the quote and the passage from Eknath Easwaran, some mornings I don't...This morning both the quote and the passage nailed me so I thought I would pass them on.

Thought for the Day

January 20
You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving.
  – Saint Francis de Sales

In learning to love, we start where we are – somewhat selfish, somewhat self-centered, but with a deep desire to relate lovingly to each other, to move closer and closer together. Love grows by practice; there is no other way. There will be setbacks as well as progress. But there is one immediate consolation: we don’t have to wait until our love is perfect to reap the benefits of it. Even with a little progress, everyone benefits – not only those we live with, but ourselves as well.

While I am a failed meditator, I continue to try in fits and spurts to find that place that will call from within me the need to sit...

Source: Thought for the Day

No comments:

My Blog List