Christmas Morning Muse

"'Tis the morning of Christmas
and all through the house
not a creature is stirring
not even my spouse"

As I sit this morning drinking my coffee and enjoying the still, quiet house I can't help but remember Christmas' past. Back before the youngest member of this household was 16 going on 25...In those days you were up half the night helping Santa by putting together all those bikes and kitchens and assorted other "some assembly required" gifts left under the tree only to be drug out of bed at first light for the photo ops. Now, if last year is any indication, the wife and I will be starting the dinner prep before the first youngster drags out of bed...

The sun is above the horizon and if it wasn't so wet and cold I'd snap a sunrise shot...So on with the festivities.

No comments:

My Blog List