CO2, Methane and Climate

I've posted a few times on the global warming controversy (not that I see a controversy, but to be politically correct we'll call it a controversy). I wanted to pass on this link from Daily Kos from Friday because it puts most of what I've been saying into a single well written piece.

Science Friday: Pale Blue Flame

Fri Sep 15, 2006 at 02:52:46 AM PDT

Despite the common notion that the earth is in the sweet spot with respect to our distance from the sun, the truth is we're a little too far out. By the rights of simple thermal science, our planet should be locked in ice right now. And since our sun was even cooler in the past, the primeval earth should have quickly settled into a permanent, stable, snowball condition billions of years ago.

Go on over and check out the full post.

No comments:

My Blog List